COVID-19: Health & Safety Information
This is one of two news pages where you can get information about how the Fund is responding to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
On this page, you will find links to updated information related to the virus from public health officials and learn how the Fund is responding to protect the health and safety of our members. What precautions are being taken by the Fund? How do I access services while the building is closed?
Financial information is available at this page. Learn how the Fund is responding to market fluctuations resulting from this global crisis. Does this impact your pension benefit? What about DROP funds?
- Centers for Disease Control
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Tarrant County Public Health
- City of Fort Worth
For the safety and health of our members and staff, the Fort Worth Employees’ Retirement Fund is taking precautions in response to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and state and local authorities related to COVID-19.
At this time, the Fund's office building is closed to the public, and staff are working from home. We have cancelled events and gatherings, and we are conducting public meetings telephonically.View the Calendar for cancellation notices and details about public meetings held by phone.
The staff of the Fund are working very hard, primarily from our homes, to continue providing services to our members and their families. The building is closed to the public, but the Fund's services are still available.
- Retirees and Beneficiaries - Access information and complete tasks through the Member Portal. There are several items you can update online directly through your Member Portal.
- Change of Address
- Income tax withholding
- Direct Deposit
- If you need help registering for the portal, check out the member portal guide for Active Employees or Retirees & Beneficiaries, or give us a call.
- Some types of forms need to be sent by mail or fax, and the Fund is continuing to process those forms. Scroll to the bottom of the website for our mailing address and fax number.
- Those who have separated from employment with the City of Fort Worth can still request a refund of their contributions. The form can be faxed or mailed once complete.
- If you are planning your retirement or have questions about your benefits, you can still make an appointment to meet with a Member Services Specialist; the meeting will just happen now by phone rather than in person.
Click here to open the scheduler; choose the appropriate type of appointment.