Place 1 Nominations open Aug. 21 – Sept. 17
The election period is scheduled for October 2 to October 22.
Place 1 - Active Civil Service Police employee
Place 1 will open for election this year to fill a vacancy left by former Place 1 Board Trustee Rick Van Houten, who has retired.
Places 2, 4, and 6 were open for nominations earlier this year, in June and July, and that nomination period has closed. The results of that nomination process will be announced following the August Board meeting. Read more.
Active civil service police employees, represented by Place 1, can nominate themselves and/or sign colleagues' petitions. To nominate yourself, if you are eligible, do either or both of the following to obtain a minimum of 75 petition signatures:
- Online - Complete the self-nomination form (updated link), then follow email instructions to sign and collect signatures on your online petition. You will need login credentials provided by the elections company.
- Paper - Download and print a paper petition form to collect signatures.
To be eligible to run for Places 1 - 4, an employee must:
- Be an active, vested city employee at the time of the election;
- Be a member of the department/group which they wish to represent;
- Get at least 75 signatures of active members of the department/group they wish to represent (temporary employees' signatures do not count toward the 75 needed);
- Turn in the petition forms by the deadline announced by the Retirement Fund.