Nominations closed for Places 1, 3, 5, and 7
The election period is scheduled for July 6 to August 10.
Read more details about the nomination and election processes here.
|Active employees||Retired members|
|Nominate yourself online.||Make a nomination online.|
|Support others' nominations online.|
|Download a paper nomination petition
for Place 1 or Place 3
|If you are a retiree in a group represented by Place 5 or 7
and you lost or didn't receive a nomination form,
please contact YesElections at
Help+FWERF@yeselections.com or (866) 384-9978.
Which Place am I represented by?
To be eligible to run for Places 1 - 4, an employee must:
- Be an active, vested city employee at the time of the election;
- Be a member of the department/group which they wish to represent;
- Get at least 75 signatures of active members of the department/group they wish to represent (temporary employees' signatures do not count toward the 75 needed);
- Turn in the petition forms by the deadline announced by the Retirement Fund.
To run for Places 5 - 7, a retiree must:
- Be a retired city employee at the time of the election (being in the DROP does not count as being a retiree; the candidate must actually have separated from employment with the city and receive a monthly pension benefit);
- Get at least 25 nominations from retirees of the department/group they wish to represent (not including survivors and/or surviving spouses) using the online nominations platform, paper forms / letters, or both; YesElections mails nomination letters with forms to all retirees eligible for each specific election;
- Have any forms / letters submitted by the deadline announced by the Retirement Fund.